Understand Your Brownfield Site
Our qualified and expert team will work with you to understand and appraise the geotechnical and geo-environmental condition of the brownfield site you are considering for redevelopment. This allows key investment decisions to be made with confidence at the start of discussions with the regulatory authorities.
The site appraisal process
B&A has the experience and expertise to support you with your brownfield site requirements at every stage of the journey from start to finish. It is essential that the ground conditions, both geotechnically and chemically, are fully understood to enable the physical and commercial feasibility and viability of a project and we can undertake the necessary works:
- Preliminary Site Investigation - extensive desk research to understand, inform and chart the history of the site.
- Intrusive On-site Investigation - collection of material samples and associated laboratory testing followed by thorough analysis and reporting to identify sources of contamination, receptors and potential pathways, establishment of the associated risks to human health and controlled waters and establishment of appropriate treatment targets.
- Review and appraise the available options and prepare a strategy of work to establish the most appropriate remedial option for consideration. The proposed strategy will include indicative costs to establish feasibility of the site and to inform further development and purchase decisions.
- QP Qualified Persons with CL:AIRE,
- B&A Corporate membership of CL:AIRE (Contaminated Land : Applications in Real Environments).
- Qualified staff with a range of Scientific and Environmental qualifications and charterships including BSc, MSci, PhD, CSci, CIWM, Level 4 WAMITAB
- CPCS and NPORS trained plant operatives
- CSCS Supervisors
- SSSTS and SMSTS trained supervisors and managers
- UKATA Asbestos trained