Contaminated Land Capping in Bristol and the South West
The design of any Land Capping is site specific and B&A will work with you and your design team to provide a solution that takes into account the nature of the underlying contamination, the desired function of the Land Capping, the local hydrogeology and the intended use of the remediated site, be it residential, leisure or commercial.
What is Capping of Contaminated Land?
Land Capping is commonly formed from low-permeability materials, providing a physical barrier between the contaminated source and receptors, the Land Capping restricts rainwater infiltration into the impacted ground and reduces the potential for leaching of site contaminants into underlying aquifers or nearby water courses.
What Projects May Require Capping of Contaminated Land?
We offer our contaminated land capping services across the South West of England and South Wales and have assisted a range of project types in the past, including:
- Housing developments
- Commercial developments
- Industrial developments
- Sports and Leisure developments
- QP Qualified Persons with CL:AIRE,
- B&A Corporate membership of CL:AIRE (Contaminated Land : Applications in Real Environments).
- Qualified staff with a range of Scientific and Environmental qualifications and charterships including BSc, MSci, PhD, CSci, CIWM, Level 4 WAMITAB
- CPCS and NPORS trained plant operatives
- CSCS Supervisors
- SSSTS and SMSTS trained supervisors and managers
- UKATA Asbestos trained