Pile mat installation in Bristol and the South West
Using aggregates, sourced either from site processed materials, our own recycling facility in Bristol or from our approved supply-chain partners, B&A will construct the piling mat either to your design or to our’s. All piling mats will be constructed to BS 5975:2019 and BRE Guide 470.
The piling mat will be designed by considering:
- The quality of the existing ground/formation. B&A undertake in-situ geotechnical testing (plate load tests, CBR tests or vane tests) to establish the nature of the ground and the required mat thickness.
- The nature of the platform material – whether it be utilising site won materials on a brownfield site or importing recycled or quarried aggregates, the design will take into account the material compaction and drainage characteristics.
- Reduction in the overall thickness of the pile mat by the use of geosynthetics in the design where geogrids can be incorporated to improve strength and assist in reducing the overall thickness required to take the required loadings.
- Loading, both from plant when working and when moving across the pile mat
- QP Qualified Persons with CL:AIRE,
- B&A Corporate membership of CL:AIRE (Contaminated Land : Applications in Real Environments).
- Qualified staff with a range of Scientific and Environmental qualifications and charterships including BSc, MSci, PhD, CSci, CIWM, Level 4 WAMITAB
- CPCS and NPORS trained plant operatives
- CSCS Supervisors
- SSSTS and SMSTS trained supervisors and managers
- UKATA Asbestos trained