Bristol Half Marathon – Meningitis Now
The Bristol half marathon took place on Sunday the 15th and what a scorcher it turned out to be! The route was a total of 13.1 miles around Bristol’s famous harbour which stretched through the city centre, along the Avon Gorge and under the Clifton Suspension Bridge and encompasses many of the historic landmarks of Bristol.
The 10 brave and intrepid souls who volunteered to take part in this year’s event were:
- Helen Griffin – Head of Environmental Operations & Development.
- Dr. Rob Lewis – Remediation Project Manager.
- Ben Higham – Commercial Manager.
- Izabela Papros – Transport Administrator.
- Karolina Kapitanovaite – Transport Administrator.
- Siobhan Clarke – Administrator.
- Ashley Bruno – Sales Manager.
- Dan Pursey – Transport Logistics Assistant
- Paul Pritchard – Environmental Engineer.
- Ashley Hill – Yard Operative.
The event has raised over £5,000 to date… with more donations coming in – taking our total to an incredible over £73,600!
All of the team made it to the finish line and in great time too! After there were a few celebratory and well-deserved drinks in the pub! It was lovely to see so much support and encouraging words from the sidelines from friends and family.
Please support Meningitis Now and our fantastic team of runners by clicking on the link below to make a donation via our Virgin Money Giving Website. Please, could you use the code – half marathon.