At Bristol and Avon Group we offer a complete solution for waste management, recycled and primary aggregates and haulage. We’ll take care of your needs all the way from soil testing through to removal.
Currently, we operate a range of permitted sites, each certified to accept common construction wastes including inert and non-hazardous soils. We can provide both waste disposal and waste recycling options for problematic waste types including, but not limited to, asbestos impacted soils, contaminated soils and industrial waste. Our disposal sites and recycled aggregates offer a sustainable alternative to traditional landfilling, and are compliant with the WRAP protocol.
Because we try to recover as much waste as possible, rather than landfill, BREEAM credits can be applied for on applicable developments.
It’s important to add that Bristol and Avon Group also holds CL:AIRE corporate membership and has been using the contaminated land protocol in many development projects for the last several years.
Bristol and Avon Group operates a fleet of 50 vehicles, all of which are updated every four years. The fleet is comprised of six and eight wheel rigid tipper vehicles and articulated steel bodied bulk tippers, used for bulky material movements such as PFA and compost. The entire fleet has been fitted with a state of the art vehicle tracking and fleet reporting system, offering a solution that improves productivity and fuel efficiency.
We operate six and eight wheel grab wagons and our cranes are LOLER tested and fully compliant. All of our vehicles are maintained by our on-site workshop and are inspected at four weekly intervals, to maintain safety and efficiency at all times.
Tipper Hire in Bristol
Our waste management trucks are available for day work hire and haulage work, alongside our own “Muck Away” service, which will involve the collection and removal of your waste. Each truck is fitted with reversing beepers, beacons and easy sheets as standard. We have installed forward facing video cameras into each of our vehicles, allowing us to continually monitor driver performance, helping us to achieve the highest standards of safety at all times.
Grab Hire in Bristol
Grab lorries offer a versatile material removal and delivery option that is perfect for small sites and areas with limited access. Our drivers are fully trained and experienced when it comes to operating across uneven terrain, in confined spaces, or at sites where obstructions such as fences or walls would make delivery and removal impossible for a normal lorry.
Simply stockpile your waste and we will take it away. Our fully qualified grab lorry operatives can collect loose or bagged material and will load it up and be on their way within thirty minutes, saving you both time and money.
Our grab lorries take away the hard work on-site and offer a speedy and versatile delivery and removal service. For example, the same vehicle can deliver aggregates to your site and then remove any unwanted materials. Our grab lorries are also capable of delivering a split load of aggregates and other materials, saving the need for two deliveries. No permits are required because the materials are moved quickly and efficiently, and our trained grab lorry operatives will deal with the whole process for you.
Hiring one of our self-sufficient grab lorries also means you won’t need to have an excavator on site in order to load materials onto a lorry. You can also save money on labour and associated hire costs because our grab lorries reduce the need for plant and machinery on small sites.
All of our grab lorries are 2.45 wide, 6.5 long carrying up to GVW 32000kg Pay load 16500kg and have a 8 metre reach of grab, plus our operators are fully trained and experienced in using these versatile vehicles. Health and safety is a priority for staff when working on a customer’s site. Our grab lorries are the most efficient solution for delivery and removal of all on-site materials, offering a fast, responsive and cost-effective service.
Recycled Aggregates in Bristol & the South West
Our recycled products are created using the latest recycling technology and are sorted selectively at our new 11 acre aggregate production facility in Avonmouth, Bristol. Our vigilant techniques ensure the materials that we crush and screen reach the highest standards possible. We currently offer WRAP standard and quality recycled aggregate, which is fully graded and chemically tested. Our product range includes:
Type 1 Recycled Sub Base
- Produced by crushing aggregate and hardcore from construction and demolition projects. Also known as granular sub-base.
- Applications: Driveways, paths, hardcore, trench fill, backfill, capping layer and oversite fill.
- Material Grading: 0/40
- Specification: BS EN 13285
- Produced by crushing aggregate and hardcore from construction and demolition projects. Also known as capping materials.
- Applications: Capping, hardcore, trench fill, backfill, capping layer and oversite fill.
- Material Grading: 0/80 -0/125
- Specification: BS EN 13285
Recycled Pipe Bedding in 10/20/40mm
- Recycled by crushing aggregate and hardcore from construction and demolition projects. Crushed and graded to European standards
- Applications: Pipe surround, Drainage, Sports, Backfill, Trench
- Material Grading: 4/10, 6/14, 10/20, 20/40
- Specification: BS EN 13242
- Recycled by crushing aggregate and hardcore from construction and demolition projects.
- Applications: Cable ducting, Backfill, Trench fill, Oversite fill, Fine Capping.
- Material Grading: 0/5 mm
- Specification: BS EN 13242
40:125mm Recycled Clean Stone
- Recycled by crushing aggregate and hardcore from construction and demolition projects. Also known as 6C & 6N
- Applications: Large drainage, Trench fill, Oversite fill, Wet Weather Capping, River bank protection, landscaping
- Material Grading: 40/125 mm
- Specification: BS EN 1377
Asphalt Road Planings
- Recycled planings from resurfacing projects. This has been crushed to a 0/40mm grade
- Applications: Hard-standings, haul roads, sub-bases, Paths, farm tracks.
- Material Grading: 0/40mill
- Specification: BS EN 13242
Pulverised Fuel Ash
- Sourced from burning pulverised coal in coal fired electric power Stations.
- Applications: Bulk fill, Filter Media, Lightweight Concrete
- BSEN 450
Type 1 Eco Blend
- Mixture of quarried and recycled material that is tested to clause 803 of the specification of highways works.
- Application: Sub base, driveways, Pathways, trench fill
- Grading:- 0/40, 63mm:100%, 31.5mm:96%, 16mm:74%, 8mm:41%, 4mm:26%, 2mm:17%, 1mm:12%, 0.063mm:3%
Certified & Screened Top Soil in Bristol
We currently provide certified and screened topsoil from our own aggregate production facility. Our ‘as dug’ topsoil complies with BS3882 and CLEA limits on heavy metals and hydrocarbons, and can be used in a variety of landscaping applications.
Our screened soil is chemically clean and blended with compost for a superior nutrient content.
Both products are available from stock for any job size, ranging from a single load to several thousand tonnes. As our client, you’re welcome to inspect all soil before we supply it, to ensure it meets your requirements.
Contract Earthmoving & Plant Hire in Bristol
Bristol and Avon Group has recently made significant investment in the latest plant technology, capitalizing on capability & efficiency. Depending on your requirements each machine is handpicked from the leading manufacturers to ensure the best and most reliable technology. We currently operate a large and flexible range of plant, which assists in a variety of projects from small scale developments through to complex design schemes.
Our fleet is available to hire as both self-drive or with an experienced, qualified operator. In line with our strict safety policy and maintenance schedule, our machines are regularly serviced in our on-site workshop.
We currently operate the following earthmoving plant:
- CAT and Komatsu D6 Sized Dozers
- Excavators from 8-35 tonnes
- A variety of attachments for excavators: selector grabs, munchers, breakers and a selection of buckets
- Articulated Dump Trucks from 20-30 tonnes
- Various compaction plant
- Tractors and dust suppression bowsers
Trimble Accugrade GPS Controlled Dozer
Bristol and Avon have recently procured the latest iteration of the Trimble Accugrade Machine Control System. The system is fitted to a 2014 CAT D6T Dozer and makes precise grade control to +/-40mm easy, with no requirement for engineering supervision once set-up is complete.
The Trimble Accugrade means faster, more accurate aggregate placement and earthwork applications. The machine can work remotely from just a mobile phone signal, using the RTK data system. Where signal can’t be picked up, a remote GPS base station can fix the machine’s position.
Using this system has allowed B&A Group to add significant value to recent key projects, like the AVTM Metrobus project and Lyde Green Urban Village. As the premium machine control system on the market, the Trimble can be set-up just a few hours after receipt of a client’s 3D model, and revised drawings can be uploaded directly to the machine using 3G, so there’s nothing to stop the machines from always working to the latest design. Alongside that, it even eliminates the need for profile boards laser levels and means there’s no need for an extra member of staff. The system not only offers better value for money, but it also removes the risk of having an operative working closely with the plant.
Recycling Plant Hire
All recycling plant is track mounted and can be moved to client sites. Alternatively, the material can be brought to our 11 acre processing facility.
With health and safety at the forefront of all our operations, our recycling plant is fully maintained at our in-house workshop facility and PUWER inspected accordingly. LOLER inspections are also conducted annually on all applicable plant.
Each of our plant has reversing beepers and audible alarms. Our crushers are equipped with dust suppression equipment.
We offer the following Recycling Plant:
- Range of powerscreeners
- Jaw and impact crushers
- Shredders and trommel recycling equipment
- Selection of screeners including large finger screeners for bulk screening and four way screeners for producing high quality aggregates.
Earthmoving and Recovery Projects
Bristol and Avon Group offers comprehensive management for any project, from golf course re-design, noise attenuation bunds and land raising projects, to flood defense schemes and sports pitches. We have in-house capability to complete planning applications for any site, including surveys, EIA and assessments. Detailed waste recovery plans can be designed and implemented to keep your project running efficiently.
We offer standard and bespoke permit applications for waste facilities and operations, alongside site operation for the duration of any project, with the provision of technically competent managers qualified to WAMITAB levels 3 and 4.
Our turnkey approach ensures all audits are conducted using a phased approach, dependent on client design and program. We offer continual liaison from tender design and site operations through to completion.