To apply for any of the below vacancies please email or call us now.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details on how we collect and use your data
Subcontractors Wanted for Tipper Projects
Do you own and operate a tipper lorry or have a fleet available for hire? We’re looking for subcontractors for Muck Away and Stone Supplies tipper work in and around the South West.
Here at B&A Group, we’re proud to work with many excellent subcontractors across Bristol and the South West to deliver our first rate services to clients.
We’ve been extra busy lately, which is why we’re seeking talented and experienced subcontractors with tippers for a range of new and ongoing projects. You must own your own tipper that is fully licensed and insured and that meets all UK safety requirements.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with our Transport Manager, Marc Large on 0117 982 9561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid weekly with no deduction for early payment
- Self billing available
- We take care of all invoicing for you
- Optional secure parking (subject to availability)
Stone Supplies Sales Representative
We have an exciting opportunity for a confident Sales Representative to join our growing team at Bristol & Avon Stone Supplies. You will become part of a customer focused fast paced department developing sales for our range of products across the group.
Overview of The Role
Supporting our New B&A Stones Supplies company achieving targets and overall growth of the business. Reporting directly to Business Development Manager, Stuart Palmer, whilst maintaining communication to B&A Group Management.
With a good understanding of South West products, quarries, and customer base. Improving the business relationships, market knowledge and expanding the service areas.
The role will include.
- Raise the profile of Bristol & Avon Stone Supplies within the area and key accounts.
- Winning new business and reporting to business structure daily.
- Proactively identify, target, chase and secure business opportunities
- Respond and administer to customer enquiries.
- Identify, manage, and track all opportunities within a geographic area.
- Build relationships with prospective customers and influencers.
- Seek and establish market knowledge, competitor activity.
- Actively promote all B&A Group products
- Be able to assist and cover logistics manager with truck/Job planning and organisation.
- Fully utilise ISYS Weighsoft software, (Training to be provided) for quotations, sales order and despatch processing and reporting.
- Provide solutions for customers from internal and external sources.
What will you bring?
- What will you bring?
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on your own and in a team.
- Self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative.
- Committed to results.
- Driven personality
- Competitive Salary, bonus, and benefits.
- Company car
- Mobile Phone
- Opportunities for career progression in a growing business.
- A Caring and supportive family run company
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Do you want to work in an exciting and challenging role that facilitates earthwork solutions for the construction industry? This position will have you meeting technical challenges, taking on environmental responsibilities while increasing Bristol & Avon’s commercial dominance of the South West. The ideal candidate will have a solid engineering background, professional demeanour and be prepared to get their hands dirty now and then with. A hardworking, cando attitude is a must.
This unique position will empower the right candidate to feed information into many aspects of B&A works. From setting out to providing key as-built drawings and billable data, this importance of this role can only grow as we seek to rely less and less on external surveyors and engineers. Medium to long term, this person will be key to calibrating project success to the estimating as well as day-to-day operations.
Objective roles and responsibilities
- Stockpile Surveys
- Setting Out
- Manipulation and Interpretation of data using CAD
- Production of Machine Control files on Trimble Business Centre platform
- Production of drawings
- Record keeping
Secondary / cover roles and responsibilities
- Environmental Sampling (At client sites and B&A facilities)
- Geoenvironmental Sampling (At client sites and B&A facilities)
- Dealing with client representatives
- Waste acceptance checks for incoming loads
- Ticket collection on B&A waste and construction sites
Qualifications & Experience
- Civil Engineering Degree (complete with Internship)
- Minimum 3 years post grad employment for an Earthworks Contractor, Civil Engineering or Groundworks contractor
- Other qualifications may be considered. Experience essential.
- Numerical / Analytical / Manipulation of data
- Ability to factor practical considerations of site work and haulage (wagons are key to B&A)
- Communication at all levels – HGV drivers to Chartered Consultants and Directors.
- Drawing production
- Trimble Business Centre and or CAD or similar
- Drivers licence
As the waste and construction industry moves closer to sustainable practices and away from Landfill disposal, the opportunities to diversify are increasing. B & A are already making strides using alternative materials such as pulverised fuel ash from power stations as fill material. End-of-life wastes are also being treated to generate light-weight aggregates for pipe bedding and block production.
Moving materials under the CL:AIRE CoP has become the first option to legalise bulk subsoil movements quickly while still complying with the EA legislature. Accurately assessing, modelling, controlling, and accounting for volumes and all to a client’s specification and design is core to doing this efficiently.
We require fresh and promising talent to help further our expansion into these areas. We will nurture your development with full training both in-house and externally to ensure your professional development and enhance your contribution to our company.
Earthworks Contracts Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Earthworks Contracts Manager to join our rapidly growing team at B&A Group.
Overview of The Role
You will need to possess significant ground and earthworks experience working in the capacity of an Earthworks Contracts Manager. Whilst reporting to the Director, the role will include contract management, project management, client relationships, and ultimately ensuring the delivery of an excellent service, on time and within budget. This is a new role in the company, working within our Land Assessment and Environmental Teams.
We operate our own extensive fleet of plant and machinery, are environmentally conscious and have a complete, comprehensive, and diverse portfolio of substantial and successful earthwork projects.
The role will include:
- Interpreting earthworks design and overseeing appropriate planning for earthworks strategies and earthworks specifications.
- Muck shifting whilst maintaining responsibility for project program implementation.
- Ensuring construction operations and materials are compliant with project requirements.
- Liaising with the Management team on management of construction activities.
- Delivering projects to tight deadlines set internally and by site-based stakeholders.
- Ensuring appropriate labour (both permanent and subcontracted) and plant resources are identified and are present on the project when required.
- Managing the construction of haul roads.
- Surveying of works and assisting in the submission of tenders.
- Working closely with the Environmental and Health and Safety Manager to help prepare risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensuring effective corrective actions are taken on identified problems.
- Complete management of projects from start to finish.
- Ensure sites are compliant with Health and Safety requirements prior to commencement.
- Managing operational set up and operational performance on site.
- Responsibility for project costings in line with budget and project timelines.
- Maintaining records of daily site activities and report on progress when required.
- Actively contributing to the performance monitoring of subcontractors.
- Ultimate responsibility for health and safety on site.
- Chair meetings with clients and subcontractors when required.
- Self-generating commercial leads
Skills and Attributes:
- At least five years’ experience delivering largescale earthworks projects to standard UK specifications.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of site construction activities and management of staff, operatives and subcontractors.
- Understanding of remedial and soil stabilisation technologies.
- Must have a proven grasp of managing teams at site level and prioritising build steps within the overall project goal and design.
- Commercially Aware – good time management, planning skills and committed to results.
- A good communicator both verbally and written.
- Selling and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated and ability to use your own initiative.
- Foundation Degree, Higher National Diploma or Degree in civil or structural engineering, construction management, building studies or quantity surveying. A focus on Earthworks or Geotechnical Study.
- Suitable references from a previous role as a Contracts Manager.
Pay and Benefits Package:
Excellent Salary. 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays. Company vehicle and mobile phone provided. Company pension scheme. Access to our employee benefits portal. Opportunity to join management health care scheme.