Please see our Privacy Notice for details on how we collect and use your data.
Bristol & Avon Transport & Recycling Ltd are committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Workshop Manager – Immediate Start
B&A Group has an excellent full time opportunity for a Workshop Manager at our Head Quarters in Hallen, Bristol. Expertise in leading the day to day operation of a Commercial excavating plant & tipper vehicle workshop is a key attribute required to succeed in this role. Reporting to the Senior Fleet engineer and Directors whilst liaising closely with the Recycling Yard and Transport manager.
Main Duties to include:
- Day to day management of repair & maintenance of plant & tipper fleet as well as commercial vehicles.
- Management of workshop team
- Allocation of daily workload
- Scheduling all MOT and servicing
- Ensuring parts are ordered and available for routine maintenance.
- Plant & Lorry defect management
- Maintaining our excellent compliance history
- Ensure exceptional level of compliance to the company whilst measuring the efficiency of the operation.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship B&A Group personnel and suppliers
- Inducting all new driving and plant personnel
- Administration of all vehicle management including taxing and SORNing of vehicles as and when required
- Administration of Tacho and WTD monitoring and compliance
- Radio/CB management for lorry fleet
- Management of all vehicle & driver documentation
- Management of vehicle tracking system
Skills & attributes:
- CPC Essential
- Experience of working within a transport environment, ideally 5 + years.
- Class 2 licence desirable
- Knowledge of transport legislation.
- Experience and/or mechanical knowledge of LGV & Plant in a transport environment desirable.
- Knowledge of HGV service and MOT scheduling.
- Experience of managing a team
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Good PC skills
- A flexible team based approach
- General awareness of health and safety
Pay and Benefits Package:
Excellent Salary dependant on experience & skill set. 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays. Company vehicle provided. Company pension scheme. Access to our employee benefits portal. Opportunity to join company profit share scheme. Opportunity to join management health care scheme.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07891384324.
No agencies please.
Class 2 Tipper Driver- Immediate start available.
Bristol & Avon Transport & Recycling Ltd is currently recruiting for experienced class 2 Tipper Drivers.
Applicants must be over 21 years of age and had previous tipper driving experience.
Full time Monday to Friday, weekly paid, excellent rate of pay.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Karen on 01179 829561 or send your CV to Karen@bristolandavon.co.uk